Our team is our most important asset and we prioritise the wellbeing and development of all our staff. We appreciate all…
The Lodge Preschool and Nursery was inspected in August 2021 and received a Good overall rating with Outstanding elements including Behaviour & Attitudes and Personal Development.
Here are some of the comments from the inspector. You can download the full report here.
· Staff provide stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environments and a well-planned curriculum.
· Children select from a range of interesting and age-appropriate resources. They are confident in choosing the direction of their play.
· Staff provide fun and exciting activities to capture children’s attention. Children with English as an additional language are comforted as they enjoy listening to recordings of stories and songs in their home language.
· Staff consistently praise children for their efforts, achievements and positive behaviours. As a result, children’s behaviour is extremely good.
· All children enjoy regular access to the outside area, where they have fun exploring a range of interesting activities and practise their physical skills.
· All children develop secure and trusting bonds with their key person and all staff.
· Staff understand the importance of children developing good communication and language skills. They make use of opportunities to join in with children’s play and conversations.
· Children are confident talkers; they chat away to each other and staff.
· Children have good physical skills. Staff have attended recent training about ‘tummy time’, and have incorporated this throughout the setting for all children.
· Children have excellent concentration, and exhibit extremely positive attitudes to learning.
· Children are supported well to develop a love of books. Staff provide cosy and inviting reading areas where children handle books with care.
· The dedicated and passionate manager shows a good commitment to the professional development of her team. Staff work well together, which plays an integral part in the development of the nursery and how staff promote children’s progression.
· The manager places a high priority on the well-being of staff. As a result, staff feel valued and enjoy working at the nursery.
· Parent partnerships are good and parents praise the staff. Parents are positive about how the setting supports children individually from settling into the setting to preparing them to be ready for school.
· The arrangements for safeguarding are effective. The manager and staff are able to recognise potential safeguarding concerns. They understand the importance of taking prompt action to protect children from harm.
To enquire about a place, or arrange a tour, simply get in touch!
Call us on 020 8249 3052